KAH 1.5 beta is released !

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by GeN, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Hi SPC

It is a good price if ALL the bugs that were in version 1 are now ironed out! e.g. can it now pass the stealth tests and the newer 'leak' tests.

Those of us who bought KAH the first time round did not receive their money's worth as Kaspersky admitted it was not protecting as it should have.

I still think that firewalls are not worth the annual update fees, unlike AV programs, where definitions are continually added to the data base.

With the new Kaspersky SpamKiller, look out soon for 'Kaspersky Internet Security Suite'.

2. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Yea too true, :)
    It (anti Hacker ) after downloading from the swiss site is flowing nicely . I sussed out this hassle with the stealth mode . At first you run it for a few days , or weeks , as they suggest , on medium security ,and allow all the programmes that need access to have access . After you have done that you shift your security setting to HIGH .
    I went to nano site with the settings on Medium and had half closed and half stealth . I shifted the settings to High and attained full stealth . Its going nicely . If one needs to allow a new programme access then you change the setting to medium and grant it access , then back to High security . I agree Blackcat its a lot to pay each year , especially as most of us need to watch our pennies .
    Happy trails to you my freind

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I think I found a bug last night relating to KAV updater

It couldnt update and I couldnt figure out why. So i checked my rules, and the one allowing it was greyed out saying "another rule prevents this one" etc

The other rule was an MSIMN rule ! So i deleted all MSIMN rules..
    Still a problem.. from nowhere a rule had appeared which was a BLOCK rule on avpupd.exe o_O o_O o_O

Deleted that and recreated my MSIMN rules and all is well :)

4. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Gavin, how are you finding KAH over all . You would have utilised most firewalls out there at some stage . I like it , . Its got a comfortable flow about it and running Kav anti virus as well ( and TDS3 of course lol ) It seems to be very easy on my system . Security wise what may I ask is your oppinion of it . Thanks . robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.