just Wondering IF THERE is a program

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by futurefriend, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. futurefriend

futurefriend Registered Member

hell all, I have cookie wall & Spyware Blasterm ect but I am JUST WONDERING """"IF"""" there is a program (like these 2 programs ) that would allow you to block out all the SPAM senders, (like cookie wall & spyware block's cookies or spy's) a program that has know & list KNOWN spam senders so u can block them,,Does anyone know,something simple, Plz,"friend"

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

How about mailwasher?
    Look in the "privacy" forums and those services people discussed, there are several. MW is not all free anymore, but is a very nice tool!

3. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

4. futurefriend

futurefriend Registered Member

'think MAY have found cure

hello all, THANK U for the suggestions,I called DSL (3 times) and FINALLY got a Tech that knew how to fix this,(1st two told me only way was to dis connect service "about a week to 10 days" then re establish your dsl service-NO WAYYYYYYY)

SITUATION: you have dsl service, but you UPGRADE to SBC/YAHOO delux package,for faster speed, but when you did the installation u "'accidentially" MERGED your yahoo account with your SBC account,,( with me it was yahoo with my outlook express/ISP mail account) and you sated getting all kinds of SPAM that is normally sent to your isp mail account,*********
    (also PLZ note I NEVER use outlook express or my isp mail because of this )

CURE: the dsl teck walked me thru this, heres how to stop a LOT of the isp spam,,

go to your YAHOO EMAIL,(INBOX account & open it
    look to the top right,,click on MAIL OPTIONS, a window opens,

GO TO FILTERS,,CLICK ON THAT,
    a window opens

u WILL SEE

ADD EDIT DELETE

CLICK ON ADD----click on add----- A WINDOW OPENS

in this window you will see, (believe 2nd line)

TO/CC HEADER Contins then a blank space,

In the blank space type in
    (this was for me-USE YOUR OWN NAME & ISP)

myname@swbell.net then put a ck in the box

and at the bottom click on ADD FILTER,

then close your email & sign out,
    then sign in again

on the inbox after signing back in click on
    MAIL OPTIONS, THEN FILTERS,

and you should see any mail comming from
    ( me= OUTLOOK EXPRESS/ MY ISP ) IS BLOCKED FROM BEING FORWARDED to my YAHOO EMAIL,but ONLY "'if"' YOU USE YOUR HOTMAIL EMAIL ACCOUNT EXCLUSIV.

while this may not stop all the spam I have been getting ,IT SURE CUT 90-95% of it, "FRIEND"

****** OUTLOOK EXPRESS is something that I take COMPLETELY off of-out of my computer system, because of the isp mail & spam.

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hmm well I would like to add here that I have Roadrunner cable and I use nothing but Outlook Express for email (I also have the old free version of Mailwasher of course) and I never got any spam until someone sent me a couple "on-line gretting cards" which is when I added Mailwasher which has pretty much cleaned me down to 1-2 spam mails a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.