Just the Comodo Firewall, not the Suite

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by luciddream, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

When I was on Comodo's website I couldn't find just the firewall anymore. When you click on the link for the firewall it takes you to the full suite. Same thing if you use the products dropdown list and try to select it that way. Am I blind or isn't there an option on that site anymore to just download the firewall by itself? I had to go to another site to find it.

I remember also seeing an option on that site to purchase a Comodo Firewall Pro 3 CD, paying only for shipping and handling, and I no longer see that as well. I was planning on purchasing one too.

Are they trying to push the suite so hard that they're forcing people to take the whole kitten kaboodle if they want the firewall?... or am I just not looking hard enough?

2. gery

gery Registered Member

you can download the suite and than choose what to install.

3. box750

box750 Registered Member

I had Comodo Firewall installed on its own, and while it did a good job I got fed up with the continuous pop up windows asking for confirmations, I gave it a go because i thought once the learning process is over they would stop appearing but it never happened and have since uninstalled it.

I am now using Comodo Memory Firewall, less secure as it only checks windows kernel changes but no trouble at all.

4. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

5. entropism

entropism Registered Member

Lucid, there are a ton of improvements in Comodo's FW and D+ with the CIS release, and you can choose not to install the antivirus at all. I recently tried out CIS (with Avira instead of CAV) and it's a LOT easier than before, barely any pop-ups in D+ now, and generally a lot more friendlier for those who don't want to deal with the constant clicking.

6. Seer

Seer Registered Member

And what about those that want to deal with popups? Is there any chance for them?

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to try this CIS.

7. 3xist

3xist Guest

Comodo Internet Security is the updated version of Comodo Antivirus 2.0 Beta & Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.25.378, It includes many bug fixes and improvements - You will also notice less pop ups, Another improvement.

As other said - You can opt out the AV During installation, the Firewall or install the entire suite. We highly reccomend a clean install of CIS if your a previous CFP 3.0x user. But you should notice improvements and things fixed. :)

8. entropism

entropism Registered Member

yeah, there's a setting for D+ with optimum settings (the default), or a completely paranoid pop-up filled version. :) Comodo has you covered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.