Just re-installed Spyware Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by twocvsix, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twocvsix

twocvsix Registered Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Having re-formatted my HD, I re-installed Spyware Blaster. Now, when I check for updates, each time I do, there appears to be a download taking place. The progress bar flashes on and off several times, and the name of the updates, briefly appears. when this is completed, I get a message saying that zero items are unprotected.

Now, when I had the program loaded previously, If I downloaded the updates, I had to manually click on, "enable all protection". Also, if I checked for updates shortly after having already done so, I would get a message saying that "No Updates Are Available" Now this doesn't happen. It just goes through the motions of a download.

When I run Lavasoft Ad-Aware, It now always finds some "critical" files to remove, where previously, it was highly unusual for any spyware to get past Spyware Blaster. I am just wondering if in fact, my protection is getting updated at all. I've tried downloading the program again and re-installing it.

I am running Windows XP Pro with service pack 2 installed. The only difference, is now, I'm using IE6 and Outlook Express, where previously, I was using Firefox and Thunderbird.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this problem??

Many thanks, Dave.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.