Jetico firewall: need your help with on IP address

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by brjoon1021, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brjoon1021

brjoon1021 Registered Member

I need to allow any and all traffic between my Win XP pro SP1 laptop with Jetico's most recent firewall version and a piece of medical equipment that uses a static ip address 192.168.123.12, it is an embedded xp piece. it uses port 5678 if that helps.

the connection is a simple crossover cable between two NICs. The "trusted zone" does not allow for the connection to have as much liberty as I need to do my work. What can I do to open up this connection but leave my wireless internet, cel phone card internet and cable internet connections safe ?
    Thanks,
    B

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Is this the same issue you discussed in regards to LnS here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=93009?
    From that LnS post:
    Do they support this (Jetico) firewall or you installing this type of software on a work laptop? Do they install a software firewall for the work laptops/mobile users that they do support?

Is this other equipment/system on the work network or a stand alone system? I have not used Jetico, does it recognize and allow for rules for multiple network interfaces?

Regards,

CrazyM

3. brjoon1021

brjoon1021 Registered Member

Yes, this is the same question that I had when I posted about Look 'n stop.
    My IT dept. does not want to mess with it. They suck anyway.

Look 'n stop is nice but I really would rather have a free firewall that I like so that I can install the same one on my laptop and my 2 desktops, parents, etc...

So I tried Jetico, Netveda and will try filseclab.

The other computer is a stand alone system. XP embedded, the ip address that I previously mentioned. I am just making a small network. I do not know enough about firewalls as I have been playing around with them for about a week nor do I know enough about networking.

I ran Jetico's configuration wizard and it already showed the address of the ultrasound machine (the other machine) in the Jetico firewall. It was in the trusted zone. Apparently that is not enough, I can not move data from the ultrasound machine to the laptop like I need to. The firewall (as Look 'n stop, Outpost Pro, Kerio 4.2, Netveda, prevents me from doing what I need to do - move data from the ultrasound machine, past the firewall to the laptop.

I either need to get a completely open connection via the port 5678 or for any approach coming from the ultrasound machine's static ip address. How can I do that ? Is there a free firewall that a challenged administrator like myself can do this with?

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Kerio 2.1.5 is another free rule based firewall you might try playing with, however, I have no idea how to do what you're trying to do there.. I am not too network aware unfortunately, but Kerio is quite popular.. You should be able to do almost anything with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.