Jetico 2 is a no go :-(

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by J-C, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-C

J-C Registered Member

I recently installed Jetico 2 on my computer (Win XP PRo SP2) and it ran like a charm for a few days. Yesterday I was setting it up with some rules for eMule and the moment I fire eMule my computer froze (It did not before Jetico), I could see the desktop but nothing was moving, lost mouse, keyboard, everything. On cold reboot Jetico was giving some error message about not being able to connect to the server. I uninstal Jetico, reboot and more problems, I have now lost internet completely. HDCP service would not start, Network LNA either and so a few other service (network connection related), the only way I got thing back to work was an old system restore point made before I installed Jetico 2.
    To be sure, I redone all this 3 times more (install Jetico/error message/uninstall/no network/system restore)
    This is a real bummer, Jetico looked quite good and I wonder how messed up things could be for it to be so hard to find a stable enough system to run on :-( and, how the hell did it run ok for 4 or 5 days, and then not o_O
    So, where do I go now ? I do not want to go back to Kerio, should I try Jetico 1 or Comodo ??
    Ideally, someone would tell me how to run Jetico 2, I do have some system services disabled, and I am wondering if Jetico needs any of them in order to run properly ?? (though my system does not need them) Is there a list of the services Jetico depends on ? (in the service manager, Jetico does not list any dependency though)
    There is no help at all at the Jetico website, I have read many thread about it in this forum too but did not find the help I need.
    Thanks in advance

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah i had similar problems when i tried out jetico v2. I just could not get it working properly for whatever reason. It kept giving me errors and bsods. I managed to get it installed one time but it crashed out soon after. I just went back to jetico v1. Its the only version that works well for me plus its lighter so i'm happy with it for the time being.

3. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

I have had Jetico 2 installed since it came out in beta (August). The newest build is very stable, I have zero problems with it.
    It is a complex firewall to work with, so it is not for the beginner.
    There are alot more popups and configuration is sometimes not easy because I think its the Process Attack Table, which causes system freezes when trying to configure your computer's installed programs and Memory Access. I had system freezes when I first installed Jetico 2. I had to do a few forced reboots and everything was fine.
    There are not alot of places to find help, the best place I have found is this Forum.
    Once fully configured for your sytem it is very good firewall with very little popups.

4. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

Jetico 2 does run as as a Service. Entry in Services "Jetico Personal Firewall server". It should set to Automatic.
    To save your configuration file the path is: "C:\Program Files\Jetico\Jetico Personal Firewall\Config" the config file is in .xml format.
    It only leaves 3 entries in registry when you uninstall the program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.