Java 5 Update 4 released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chachazz, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

JavaTM 2 Platform Standard Edition Development Kit 5.0 Update 4
    (JDK 5.0 Update 4)

Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Solaris Operating Systems
    jre-1_5_0_04-windows-i586-p - 15.54 MB

Install formats info-->

Latest Changes-->>

Download Update 4-->

Note:
    Download the 'offline' installer / Uninstall current Sun Java / Reboot / Install Update 4
    and reboot again.

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

3. westwardflow

westwardflow Guest

When I try to update my java from thw java control panel it says I have the latest update- v 1.5.0_02-b09. Why can't I update it from the control panel? Do I have to download the full program and reinstall? Thanks.

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi,

Unfortunately the "update" function in Sun's control panel is notorious for this -- heaven only knows if they'll ever get around to fixing it. If you go to their main download page and Download Now, rather than using the links provided above, you get essentially the same thing -- the "download" takes all of maybe 5 or 10 seconds on a dialup, and it's obviously incorrectly deciding you're already up to date.

As chazazz noted, download the offline version and make sure to uninstall your previous version before installing the new one. Otherwise you'll wind up with multi-megs of unncessary files (and registry entries), since for reasons known only to Sun each new version is handled as a patch to earlier installed versions even though each new version is actually a stand-alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.