Jap config help

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Bethrezen, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi

anyone here know what im doin wrong coz i cant get jap workin

i tryed seting up like it says on there site and it dont work and i tryed runing it through the pac file and that didnt work eather

coz when i call up the jap screen the arrow is in the middle of low and fair and there are around 350 people using the servace how ever when i look at the top of the screen it says that there is 0 bites of activity whats goin on why is my traffic not goin through jap help

2. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Why not set up Naviscope, and then you could follow instructions exactly as i've laid down on the page to set proxies with a pacfile.
    http://pages.infinit.net/carbo1/proxysetupwithpacfie.html

3. Bethrezen

hi micky

as far as i can tell i am setup the way it says on ya web page

in my internet options i got

auto detect setings ticked
    use auto script config ticked

adress http://127.0.0.2/ coz im usin sb 4.75

and everythin eles has been un ticked

under local internet i have unticked include all sights the bypass proxy and the other 2 are ticked

in the pack file menu i have changed the port to the same one as in jap 4001 and ticked use a proxy

i think its a problem with sb 4.75 coz as soon as i turned sb off and ran jap through my browser jap worked fine so my question is how do i get sb 4.75 and jap to work together coz i dont wanna have to secrafice one for the other

Help

4. MickeyTheMan

Under Jap Settings :
    Port listener. You do have Jap listening as 4001 ?

And you havent blocked ports 6543 & 6544 at IP 141.76.1.20 ?

You sure that pacfile is working ? When you start browser does it tell you pac file loaded ?
    It's been a long time since SB 4.75, but i think you can still change that 127.0.02 to the actual location of the pacfile which should be something like in the example on my web page: file://c:\program files\spyblocker software\pacfile.pac

5. Bethrezen

hi micky

yeah i have jap usin its defalt port 4001 and no ports 6543 & 6544 at IP 141.76.1.20 are not blocked

i tryed changin the http://127.0.0.2/ to file://c:\program files\spyblocker software\pacfile.pac but then the pac file wouldnt load

after ferther investigation i found out what it is about sb that jap dont like its this

use auto config script

adress http://127.0.0.2/

coz as soon as i turned it off jap worked ok so i wanna know whats goin on why jap wont work when im usin the pac file and why it wont work when i try and run jap through the pac file you got any ideas ??

as far as i know the pac file is workin ok coz when i click the list buton i can see 127.0.0.2 and when i check the log file i see this

Logged Entry Thursday, Aug 29 2002 at 05:39:27 AM
    Remote Port: 1452
    Remote Host: 127.0.0.2
    [PACFILE SERVED TO WEB BROWSER]

GET / HTTP/1.1
    Accept: */*
    User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Host: 127.0.0.2

but i dont get any message sayin the pack life is bein loaded even though i got the show alerts ticked

you got any ideas coz this one has me stumped

help

6. MickeyTheMan

Sorry, can't help you with SB 4.75
    Don't even remember how that one worked.

7. Bethrezen

hi micky

shame but thanks for tryin to help anyway mabe if i post this question at the sb forum someone there will know

8. MickeyTheMan

Seems like your Pacfile does not work properly.
    Sure you click on create button when you make changes ?

9. Bethrezen

hi micky

i worked out what was causin my trouble and i now get it sorted i neded to deleat my old pac file change the seting in the pac file so jap could work with it and creat a new pac file

how ever now that i have everthing up and runnin iv run in to another problem please refere here

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=3322

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.