I've just spent $40 on a 2 month copy of ESS

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by psychokilla, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

I ordered the upgrade version of Smart Security from my NOD32 2.7 from betterantivirus.com, I was sent a confirmation e-mail informing me :

and this one...

Which I thought was strange as I had ordered Smart Security but the details also said :

So I accepted this and thought it was a great deal.

Now I have received an additional e-mail from betterantivirus.com with the following :

So, let's get this straight, I've just paid them $40 for a license which is going to last me 2 monthso_Oo_Oo_O Do I have "Gullible B**tard" tattooed on my forehead? I looked at the prices and the full package is just £10 ($20) more, If I knew they were going to try to con me in this way I would have ordered a full package (most probably elsewhere also). The license states that this is supposed to be a 1 year package, since when did 2 months equate to 1 yearo_O?

What in the hell is going on?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since betterantivirus\nod32USA is a reseller and until those from their that frequent this forum notice this thread, have you gone to their site and filled out a Technical Support Request ?

Bubba

3. psychokilla

Yes, I have. I just wanted to warn people on these forums as it is on these forums that I read these people were the best to buy from. As you can probably guess, this has not been my experience.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I do understand and respectfully ask that you give them adequate oportunity to assist you given at least one of them visits\contributes to the Eset forums on almost a daily basis. We all I'm sure can relate our own experiences and if I may I would like to express mine. You have bought from a very much trusted reseller and given the appropriate opportunity this can be resolved in a timely manner.

Bubba

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I have personally checked your license expiration and it is is correctly recorded as:

Username: EAV-XXXXXXXX
    Expiration: 01/21/2009

You should have received an email directly from Eset in addition to ours - that would probably have arrived first, and had the correct expiration date on it.

Sorry for the second email that had the incorrect date - we take the license details supplied to us by Eset and update our database for faster customer support our end and then we send an ADDITIONAL email with supplemental information not provided by the original Eset license email.

Unfortunately in your instance a typo was made - but the license information IS 2009 expiration, NOT 2008.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience!

6. psychokilla

Thank God.....and thank you. My faith in your company is once again restored and so is my computer security :)

7. delah

delah Registered Member

Hi

I upgraded to one-year ESSfrom NOD32 which I bought two months back - should I get 1 year plus 10 months remaining on my NOD32 licence as the OP looks like he got 1 year plus remainder on his NOD32 licence?

8. EnGenie

EnGenie Registered Member

I am in a similar situation.

Not only is there confusion about the license end dates between emails, but while the email from betterantivirus.com correctly says "NOD32 2.7 to ESET Smart Security - License Upgrade", the email from eset.sk incorrectly says "Product Platform: ESET NOD32 Antivirus" rather than ESS, but the license expiration date is correct.

I am also unable to download ESS using the supplied username and password, but I can download NOD32. :(

I am sure that this a genuine mistake (probably by Eset rather than betterantivirus.com) and not any malicious attempt at fraud. :D

It does seem that Eset are having problems with their license database since the release of ESS and NOD32 3.0, so you are not alone, my friend.

I currently have an open support ticket on this matter and look forward to a satisfactory outcome.

9. EnGenie

EnGenie Registered Member

Yes. Your current license should be extended by the new license that you just bought.

10. webyourbusiness

delah, if you purchased from us - please pm me your order number and we'll get your dates sorted out - if your original license was purchased from us, it will be super quick, but if not, we'll get it done anyway!

11. delah

delah Registered Member

Thanks to all.
    I have emailed my country specific reseller (Ireland)

Thanks for the offer of help webyourbusiness.

12. delah

delah Registered Member

Update:

It seems I am not to get 1 year plus existing time as I upgraded at special discount of 49.99€ (3 user) from NOD32 (1user)
    Quote:
    "You had purchased ESET Smart Security for one year. So your expiration date is

2008-11-12

I can't adjust your expiration date. That's why we have special 50%discount for ESS - to give chance to our customers with NOD32 Antivirus to upgrade in to our new product.

You still have your license for NOD32 Antivirus in full working order and new license for ESS -

so you have two products, but second one with 50% discount."

I'm not moaning about this but if the norm is to add 1 year onto a licence then I should too.
    (I can see the reasoning as i'm now going from 1 pc to 3)
    It seems I can still use EAV3 on another PC though.

Can anyone from other resellers clarify?

Ta very much.

(Still VERY pleased with performance of ESET)

13. webyourbusiness

I would ask what your UPGRADE price is - and cancel that original single license purchase.

It's sometimes difficult as online sellers, as we have encountered someone who wanted to purchase 3 x 2 year products and have a 6 year license - we can't do that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.