“I’ve been hacked, and now I’m pregnant!”

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Minimalist, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

2. Gullible Jones

Gullible Jones Registered Member

If it's programmable by wireless that's a terrible idea. Not to wax too political, but there are groups so vehemently opposed to birth control that, given the capacity to do so, they might stoop to hacking other people's bodies.

(And on that note: I love computer stuff, but I'm only letting it under my skin after I'm cold and dead.)

3. Veeshush

Veeshush Registered Member

That's a bit of a stretch to say that because it's wireless controlled someone could "hack" it. You already have tons of medical devices that are wireless, like pacemakers, and like the linked page says you have to practically be touching the person to talk with the devices (which also requires the software to do so)

I don't like the push of the birth control drugs though- the side effects and risks (along with the mood swings they must get from some of them) just aren't worth it in my eyes. "Oh yeah, this pill is great and has a trendy marketing name and surely won't end up on a late night lawyer infomercial from resulting deaths! But least you can have truck loads of sperm in you now!"

edit
    I also get that there's sometimes other reasons for birth control, such as regulating menstrual cycles and whatnot.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.