it's final Norton for me

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I actually decided to not buy F-Secure & reinstalled Norton Internet Security, I decided this after I fully read the Pc Mag article & their testing procedures. It runs clean & I'm more than satisfied. Dispite some other licenses I own I doubt I'll be chging here on my main machine (laptop). For those that laugh at Norton I suggest reading Pc Mags testing procedures & try to believe that perhaps test results from them are more than money changing hands for advertising...

2. gismo999

gismo999 Registered Member

As long as your happy, thats all that really matters!

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Larry, you cant break my record, please.:rolleyes: ;)

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Some records will never be broken. I salute you. ;)

5. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

trjam, your new avatar is priceless!

6. larryb52

I'm a poor second but I'm trying hard...;-) but I never did shell out the dough for F secure, Norton I have had since it was released. I had Nod32 the past 2 years as my default AV & Look n stop as firewall & I do try other solutions but Norton is my new default. The vista machine is too touchy so I doubt that I'll play around with others for awhile as I have this booting uo in 90 seconds...

7. kurchatovium

kurchatovium Registered Member

The newer versions of Norton are supposed to be much improved. I am still a bit wary of Norton cause I tried it once and their tech support was horrible. I have the same Vista problem though so I am slightly tempted I must confess.

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

lol i just picked up 2 5 user nis2007 packs for 12$ each so i have 10 lic for a year eacy or 5lic for 2 years lol.. not sure if ill use them but i bought them anyway. not a huge nis2008 fan but i thought it was DRASTIC improvement from the past versions.. i may end up there after a while who knows..

btw that seller still has 5 user packs for 14-16$ i can give you his info if you want it pm me. i recieved mine just fine and its brand new. i also called nortons and they said even though this is a nis2007 i can use them for the nis2008 at no charge..

9. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Are you really telling me you only go to Norton because of some magazine is telling it is good?

10. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I don't laugh at Norton as I spent a lot of money on their products when I was a real beginner in security applications (if anything I feel like crying over the wasted money).

That was back in 2004, and people keep saying the new versions have improved enormously... If you have fully read the PC Mag article you have probably missed the reader's reviews published by the same magazine: According to these reviews things actually got worse.

You're happy, that's the main thing.

11. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

LOL
    Wait for him until the next review, he'll change his mind then :)

12. larryb52

I hold licenses for Kiss, Nod & Norton & sorry I do believe in the review and like I said if you read their test procedures they just didn't throw darts at a board to come up with the results. They tested malware on clean & infected machines. Read it , it's pretty interesting reading also just not the only reason to default to it. Remember the test on detection it's pretty good, in fact with out looking I believe 98%, IMO they are doing something right...just my 2 cents...

13. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

I've been on the road testing and testing... I've settled the same as U and have been very satisfied - no infections, no slowdowns and no nag hell :thumb: Hope you'll be just as happy as I :)

14. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Unfortunately that's asking the impossible for many people around here.

15. larryb52

I am satisfied...thanks & I'm sure your happy with your choice as well...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2007
  16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Next time Larry, remember there is now a simple approach. take care my friend.;)

17. Stefan Kurtzhals

Stefan Kurtzhals AV Expert

18. risl

risl Registered Member

hmm.. were those spiders on the floor? :eek:

19. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

And, after doing some googling and miscellaneous digging on Norton Fighter, I'm all set for a rather entertaining evening.

"NORTON PUNCH!" :D

20. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

My ISP does offer free Norton Internet Security to millions of its customers(although I did not take it). And it has been like that for couple years at least.

I have not heard any "final" word or to that effect so far. I guess my ISP and its NIS users are well alive today. :)

21. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the Norton haters really must hate that Norton is currently and since 2007, been the best suite available.

22. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i no longer consider myself a norton hater. i still hate the 2003,2004,2005 and 2006 versions:D but the 2007 and 2008 versions ive heard great things about. it just doesnt have enough control for me thats why i dont use it.
    lodore

23. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Thanks Stephan, I needed a laugh today, lol. I did wince at first though :ouch: :D

Larry, enjoy your Norton :)

24. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

I'm a Norton hater and I really think that Norton AV have a kind of satanic agreement because I don't see ONE reason to anyone choose it as their AV. You can change F-Secure for Kaspersky, Avira, BitDefender, AVG and maybe NOD32 but you can't choose Norton... It's a suicide...
    Well... Very good luck... you'll need it.
    And do a favor for yourself and stop reading PC Mag and other magazines of the same kind...

25. Hangetsu

Hangetsu Registered Member

tiagozt, this is the second thread you've blasted Norton in, without any real proof of there being an issue. Could you kindly provide a little proof behind your accusations? You mention PC Mag, but Norton also does well in AV-Comparatives: Should people ignore that site as well? :cautious:

Personally, I've had issues with it on my machine; However, I don't doubt its effectiveness on machines where it "plays nice". I had issues with Kaspersky on my machine, but I don't doubt that software's effectiveness either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.