it worked !!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rbig, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbig

rbig Registered Member

About four months ago, I had a 160gb hard drive in Win XP. I had an old copy of Acronis True Image-8.

Not knowing much about what I was doing, I made a full image, and 3 incremental (I hoped), in an external USB hard drive. Which is when my hard drive quit.

Some time passed, and I stuck a 250gb hard drive in, and had it where I could do a CD boot.

I put the copy of TI-8 in the CD drive, and fiddled around until I finally got it sort of going. The thing was, every time I did something, it seemed as if it was progressive. The restore section gave me the wizard. In going through the wizard, there were lots of things I had no idea of. Reading instructions helped. I just spent 7 hours, and now have a total, full windows and all my files just like it was before the hard drive failure.

This should be the example that even with the old TI-8, you can still get your hard drive the way it used to be. I am very happy!! I think the idea here is to use the full image of Acronis programs. Even if you're not the resident expert, you may find it really saves your bacon.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Congratulations.

There are lots of us who have had our bacon saved by True Image.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.