ISTBAR

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by tangle, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangle

tangle Registered Member

I am new to this forum.

Please pardon me if this an old question.

How can I get rid of istbar??

Thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hello tangle,

The easiest way to scan for and remove this would probably be to use Spybot S&D or Ad-Aware. However, I'm wondering if you've tried one of these already and that is how you know that you need to clean it?

Can you tell us how you know you have this and need to clean it off? If you haven't used either tool above yet, that grab a download and scan your system with it.

Hope this helps,
    LowWaterMark

- Since this is not about a Javacool product, this thread will be moved shortly to the Privacy Problems section.

3. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Tangle,

Welcome to Wilders!

In addition to the suggestions LWM offered, I would also suggest that you download and run HijackThis from

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/hijackthis.zip

and scan the system but do *not* try to fix anything yet as many of the items listed are necessary, instead press the "save log" button and copy and paste the log here for someone to review and advise on.

I would recommend that you run one or both of the other programs before HijackThis as that will narrow down the number of things to look at in the log :)

Regards,

Dan

4. StAnger

StAnger Registered Member

Several variants around: http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/ISTbar.html some coming with related parasites. Let Dan have a look at your log to get rid of everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.