Issue with Windows 7 64-bit Gadgets

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ITOnAStick, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ITOnAStick

ITOnAStick Registered Member

Hey all,

I recently installed NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.71.2 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. After installation, my calendar and weather Windows 7 gadgets are not displaying properly. I searched the web for several hours, applying suggested fixes and nothing worked. I even uninstalled NOD32 and they were still displaying incorrectly. I did a system restore back to the day before I originally installed NOD32 and the gadgets started working again as they should. I then reinstalled NOD32 and they reverted back to not working. Based on this, I'm 99.9% sure ESET is blocking or disabling something that the gadgets require to run properly.

I tried setting the path C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe as an exception. This resulted in no change either.

Any suggestions as to what else I can try?

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I used NOD32 for a few years, and found myself disabling NOD32 features to make certain things work again, like mail.

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Since you mentioned this occurred just after installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4.2.71.2 (e.g., a new install), I am wondering if it might be a conflict from leftover remnants of the previously-installed antivirus program. Can you tell me what the previously-installed antivirus program was, and how it was removed from the system prior to installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4.2.71.2.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. ITOnAStick

The uninstalled anti-virus software was McAfee Total Total Protection Services. I uninstalled it using McAfee's recommended program, mvsuninst.exe.

Thanks

5. Coccinelle

Coccinelle Registered Member

I have Windows 7 x64 bit with McAfee on Sony Vaio.I Uninstall the same way McAfee and never have a problem with Eset Nod 32!!!(version 4.2 and version 5)
    the gadjet work fine.

6. cozumel

cozumel Registered Member

Hi,

You could try uninstalling NOD32 (following these ESET instructions), then using the McAfee uninstaller provided by ESET and then reinstalling NOD32. Reboot after each uninstall.

Like the ESET dude alluded to, it could be leftovers or remnants of McAfee causing problems.

7. ITOnAStick

Guys, that did it! Followed cozumel's advice and we're back in business. Thanks a bunch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.