issue with the acronis agent on gentoo

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zaldo6, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaldo6

zaldo6 Registered Member

Hi!
    Iam trying your free versions, and most worked all fine with my windows servers and clients.

Problem came when I tryed to install the linux agenton my gentoo servers. I get this error:

Cannot read rpm config file /tmp/rpmrc: (no error)

Is ther a sulotion for this?
    Iam loged in as root, I even tryed to make that log file in that dir with proper rights without success.

Accept for this I think your backup solutions are great and if ther is an easy fix for this I will probably ask my superiors to buy a license.

Keep up the great work!

/ Zaldo

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Zaldo,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- What exact version and build number of Acronis True Image do you use?

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

- What build number of Acronis Linux Agent are you trying to install?

You can find out by issuing the following command: # ./install_file --version

- Issue the below command and collect the log file created:

# strace -o log.txt -fF ./install_file

Then please submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Indicate in the subject of your request that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva. Provide the log file and information collected in your request along with the link to this thread. Marian will proceed with the investigation and try to provide you witht the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.