Issue with notification bubble dialouge box thing ...

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Happy-Dude, Dec 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy-Dude

Happy-Dude Registered Member

Aug 28, 2006
    United States of America
    First off ... Merry X-Mas Wilders Security community :) !!

Now, to my problem, I've noticed that my notification bubble dialouge thing doesn't appear anymore. I'm talking about the dialouge bubble that (for example) Windows Security Alert displays if something is wrong. I can't see that anymore, but my speakers makes that *blok* sound whenever it supposed to be displayed.

My first noticing of this was when I manually checked for Windows Defender updates, where it always displays the bubble. Nope, doesn't anymore, but that *blok* sound is there. Neither does the Start Menu "don't have enough room for programs" notification thing appears. I've tried to find a display settings thing for this, but I can't seem to get it ...

This is what I remember of what happened ... :
    -Updated programs (media, security, OS updates, etc.)
    -Installed new HP printer
    -Removed old Brother printer and its PaperPort stuff
    -Tweaked startup with MSConfig, disabling WMP11 things, Java start things, and HP printer things
    -Installed MSBA 2.01 for security purposes
    -Stopped Desktop Cleanup Utility from running every 60 days

Also, does EasyCleaner and CCleaner registry cleaning have anything to do with this ... ? I really don't think so, but its the registry, so who knows ...

Anyway, thanks for your time and please help !! [Merry X-Mas :) !!]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.