$ISR not found

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by jwcca, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

Hi Todd, after doing something, but I don't know what specifically, I wanted to boot to a different snapshot and saw the message in bright red. I thought that I remembered that another boot would fix this, but it persists.
    I uninstalled the program only and then re-installed, and still it persists.
    My next guess is to uninstall program and snapshots and re-install but I want to ask first.
    I did search this forum using "$ISR not found" and found a post that said a reboot would suffice so I wasn't dreaming.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    version is 3.31.233
    everything works OK, it's just the message

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Does C:\$ISR folder show in Windows Explorer?
    Did you try running chkdsk c: /p from Recovery Console or by reboot from drive properties Tools/CheckNow with "automatically fix..." checked on?

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

It shows in Explorer OK, no, I haven't run chkdsk. I thought Todd might have an answer before I do that. It had crossed my mind,
    Thanks,
    Jim

5. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

Thanks, but I have all my archives stashed safely on another drive. I had even restored one hoping that might trigger some kind of 'self-healing'.
    Everything works perfectly, I can boot to any snapshot, all apps run. It's just the bright red message that caught my eye and I'd like to find out how to make it go away.
    Jim
    But if I don't hear from Todd I'll run chkdsk and see if that sorts it out. Worst case is the usual reformat, install XP followed by FD and then import an archive.

6. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

I ran this and the results showed a clean system, i.e. no errors at all.

Still waiting for Todd, probably next week....

7. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

Re: $ISR not found - Resolved

I discovered the cause. On Aug. 26th I deleted a snapshot, there were two errors in the log, and the icon remained. However, when I clicked on that snapshots icon, the icon disappeared making it seem to be completely deleted. But it was still 'remembered' and when using the FD boot manager, the "$ISR not found" message was related to the deleted snapshot (#2).
    I restored an archive so that there were again 3 snapshots and the message did not appear.
    Problem solved.

8. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Thanks for reporting back, JWC! It's good to close the loop for someone else's future reference.:thumb:

9. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

Thanks Croft, I just went through the deletion process again and it worked without any errors. I vaguely recall that the messages in August said that I didn't have authority (logs are long gone) on a couple of files.
    Hopefully no one else has the problem, but if they do, this will likely solve their problem.
    Jim C

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.