is v3 enough for a server?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by weevil, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weevil

weevil Registered Member

I currently have a small business server 2003 box in the office which currently has just v3 of EAV on it., all clients have v3 on - is this enough to protect all the mailboxes? what would be a scenario where you would get v2.7 for exchange?

2. spm

spm Registered Member

V3 on an SBS2003, eh? You're brave.

To protect your mailboxes you will need NOD32 for Exchange (XMON) v2.7. You can't do that, however, with v3 EAV - you will need to remove that and revert to v2.7 NOD32.

There is supposed to be a v3 replacement for v2.7 XMON at some stage, but there's no sign of it yet.

If you revert to v2.7 NOD32 on your SBS, you will also need to install the new (v2) Eset Remote Administrator (ERA), as v2.7 can't provide an update mirror for v3 clients.

3. weevil

weevil Registered Member

well i initially installed 2.7 on the server and set up a netlogon script to install EAV to all machines on the domain - but it also installed EAVv3 onto the server when it was restarted - out of my short-sightedness most probably :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.