Is Trend Micro 2000 still worth using?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Chuck57, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I was digging through some CD's today and found one with Trend Micro's PCcillin 2000 and some other things on it. The CD is Mainboard, with other drivers and free PCcillin and some other programs.

Is this old a version of PCcillin still worthwhile? I'm assuming there will be an engine update to maybe 2002. I'm asking because I've tried almost every Antivirus I can find, but have never used Trend Micro. Someone on another forum I visit swears by it. Anyone know whether this old a version is still worth the effort?

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Pc-cillin is a quiet good AV. Version 2000 could be a bit out of date,but i think it should work fine...

3. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

if u want 2 upgrade 2 win xp sp2 then it probably wont work.

4. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Thanks, rejZor and Sweetie. I have Win XP SP1 and will stay with SP1 for a while. I loaded Trend Micro 2000 and began downloading the updates, and downloading the updates, and downloading the updates, and never stopped downloading updates....like it was stuck. I left the computer for a few hours, came back, and it was STILL downloading updates. I canceled and removed Trend Micro from my computer. I might try it again when I have time. I know there will be years worth of updates, but I don't think it should take almost 5 hours.

5. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

PCC 2000 has reached End Of Life. You might want to read here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.