Is TI9 A Complete Bust?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobdat, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen this forum so jammed with complaints of TrueImage problems as with this new TI9 version.

Two builds in two days? Upgrade complaints about unexplained Acronis policies and lack of participation in upgrades by authorized TI resellers?

Very scary. Glad I saved my money. I'll stick with TI8 with all its unresolved conflicts. Sad to acknowledge that all of the many bugs in TI8 will never be fixed now.

Of course, I previously promised myself that I would never buy any TI upgrade until it had native DVD capability AND was proven functional and reliable for at least 30 days after release.

I'll just limp along with my trusty build 826 until all the unpaid beta testers work out the wrinkles on new releases.

I love TrueImage 8 but I'm very sorry to see how badly Acronis seems to have dropped the ball on this thinly disguised 'update' that should have been a free build revision to TI8. Good product....Bad business policy.

I'm sorry to say that it appears to me that Acronis is "milking" its user base rather than supporting its loyal users. Maybe that will improve in the near future. I sure hope so.

2. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

You mentioned that you are using T.I. 8.0, build 826....I believe the most current build (and final one apparently since T.I. 9.0 is now out) is build 937. You may want to update to version 8.0's current build 937 so at least you have the best version 8.0 you are going to get.

3. Giles

Giles Guest

You seem to have little clue about what you are saying. Build 826 is already more than five months old, and the most recent build (937) runs very smoothly as far as I can tell. While I think version 9.0 offers little incentive for 8.0 users to upgrade, nobody is forced to, and since we already have a fully capable 8.0 build, I don't understand your whining at all.

The first release of all softwares is bound to contain bugs. It is totally unfair to claim that Acronis has lost its balls (or something along that line) because 9.0 is buggy at the moment. If you think the complaint here is bad, a visit to ZoneAlarm's user forum will make you feel instantly better. Also, it is said that DVD support will be added to 9.0 at a later stage, so keep your eyes open.

4. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Hello!

We are talking about backing your data up. And yes, TI 9 is totally messed up version. I regret deeply that i bought it.

5. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Thanks for the recommendation. I have every build released since 796. With my particular hardware 826 works the most predictably for me but I rarely use its boot CD (too slow on new Pentium M 760).

I actually have 937 installed on my internal hard drive and use it for viewing and checking images only. It drags its feet when trying to create images and it's painfully slow trying to restore.

I use my BartPE CD (with plug-in 791) for all my important tasks like cloning, creating & restoring images. It's dramatically faster than either 826 or 937.

I found that the various builds seem to be extremely hardware configuration-sensitive in their create/restore image speeds with build 937 being the slowest on new hardware.

6. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Cheapshot hit-and-run posters (usually 'guests' who don't register because they don't have anything constructive to add) don't deserve an intelligent response especially when they can't even accurately criticize what was originally posted.

7. Giles

Giles Guest

Do you find that build 937 is slowest on all new hardwares or the type you are using specifically? I recently installed build 937 on a brand new hard drive but have not seen any noticeable difference in performance compared to an earlier build (786). Both covered a partition with about 12G data in under 20min, which I think is to be expected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.