Is this possible

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Sbud, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sbud

Sbud Registered Member

Hi Everyone - What I'd like to do is to image the hard drives from two different computers onto a single external hard drive. Each of the images will be in its own partition.

In case I need to, will I be able to restore the proper image (by specifying the right partition) to the hard drive? Does True Image have this capability or do I need to augment it with Partition Magic or something of that nature.

2. Marc_G

Marc_G Registered Member

Sbud-

It can do what you wish, but you're making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Leave the external drive as a single partition; there is no need to split it into two partitions. Hook it up to each computer in turn and use TI to create image files on the external drive. The image files are compressed versions of the computer drives. Multiple images files can coexist on the single partition on the external drive.

If disaster strikes and you need to restore one of the computers, boot that computer with the TI rescue media, and restore back from the compressed image files onto the computer's HD.

Marc

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Marc G is correct that there's no problem having images from multiple computers on one external hard drive. I do that all the time. For convenience, I put the images in folders named for the computer since there are often more than one image saved for each system. At the moment, one USB 2.0 hard drive of mine has images for my three computers, my wife's computer and two client's computers, each in their own folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.