Is this possible with Photofiltre?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Fuzzfas, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I am total newbie in photoediting, but i was wondering, if this is possible with Photofiltre, since it's freeware and supports layers (v7).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=S3hoDihxH7E&NR=1

I mean, this specific technique. It's the best and easiest i 've seen for "hair".

I tried but the brush simply paints over everything, so either i am doing something wrong (most probably) or Photofiltre can't do the same.

Thanks.

2. Wendi

Wendi Registered Member

I'm not a Photofiltre user, but I would be very surprised if it had the necessary tools in order to use the Photoshop technique demonstrated on that video. :doubt:

Wendi

3. Fuzzfas

Well, thanks Wendi. If there is, i can't find it, that's for sure. :D

I 've been able to find a way to "cut out" a person using the poligonal selection tool, but the edges look bad (sawed) and the "hair issue" remains an issue.

I also found a way to make the photo transparent (or add a transparent layer or whatever it's called) and then delete all around (where you delete you get a chessboard pattern, which is the transparency), but again, even with the best effort, the edges look like they are "sawed" and it gives unnatural result. There is an "antilias" feature, but is very weak to do something of use.

Thank you anyway.

4. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

I'm not a Photoflltre user either, but I know for a fact that very same editing tools that were used in that Photoshop demonstration can be found in the far less expensive Photoshop Elements! ;)

Cruise

5. Fuzzfas

Thanks for the tip. In deed, the price is much more reasonable. I will consider buying it. :thumb:

6. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

While there are a great many pboto-editors out there with much faster learning curves than Photoshop Elements, as far as I know only Elements has most of the detailed retouching capabilities of its expensive 'parent' (Photoshop).

Cruise

7. Fuzzfas

I see. Unfortunately, when it comes down to such things, detail is everything. I also tried "GIMP", but it's so counter-intuitive that i gave up. I mean, with Photofiltre, at least i managed to do some things on my own, just by "imagining" what i should do next. With GIMP i was like "now what?"

So maybe there is a reason Photoshop is still "king". For example, in Photoshop i observed that you can open anything as "layer". In photofiltre, if you open an image first time, it's always "background". You can't open it directly as layer. Things like that, i suppose give the crown to Photoshop.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.