Is there a way to make FireWire drive partions show up in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Safe mode in XP-Home, SP1, that is

I have a problem of not being to have access to files, but I cannot change that without going into the safe mode, and Windows does not see the fire wire drive in safe mode.

-HandsOff

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I ran into the same issue. Never figured out a solution as it's a driver issue. You might try BartPe as it should work.

Pete

3. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

The problem is that I have to be in windows to change the permission on the external drive. I have another alternative, and that is to hook up with usb which does seem to be supported. I tried it before posting my question and ran into the same problem, then I realized something. there is about a 50-50 chance that I plugged into a usb2.0 port. If I plug into a usb1.1 port maybe it will finally see the hard drive!

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll let you know how things work out. I'm sure I can do it. Just not sure if it will be easy...

-HandsOff

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

If you get totally frustrated, check around the Bart plugins. There just may be a utility that will help.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.