Is there a phone number for BoClean? trouble with update.

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by divedog, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. divedog

divedog Registered Member

I have sent several e-mails to upgrade@nsclean.com with my original invoice from Digital River attached. After several e-mails I finally saw a reply in my Hotmail account. What I didn’t realize is that Hotmail blocks all exe. Files (thanx Bill) so I sent another e-mail explaining the situation and asked if the same file could be sent to my Yahoo account. I tested my Yahoo account and it seems to send exe. Files just fine so I figure I should be able to get the attachment there. It has been several days and I have not yet received a reply. Is there a phone number I can reach BoClean at? I see the fax number on there web site but I was hoping to talk to a person. Now my version 411.001 gave me a splash screen when I logged on tonight saying it was about to expire and to contact upgrade@boclean.com. Anyone have a suggestion. I hope there new version has a program update button or a server I can get the upgrade from with a password, like nod32. I like Boclean a lot it has saved my bacon more than once but this is becoming difficult.

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

Maybe this would help:

Send again an email to upgrade@nsclean.com with your purchase info and ask for the new BOClean renamed as .002

=== quote ===
    Send an email to upgrade@nsclean.com (sorry, support cannot supply
    upgrade files) with the subject of "BOClean Upgrade" and include your
    full name, email address used when you purchased BOClean and/or order
    number if you have it. Once we confirm your request, your software
    will arrive in a reply email. We will send an EXE file UNLESS you
    specify you want a ZIP or renamed EXE (now called an "002").
    Please be
    sure your ISP does not block attachments. Some web-based services do,
    if you have an alternate email address it would be helpful if you
    include it in your email. You'll get your software faster if you do.
    Please be patient, requests can take up to 24 hours to fill. Thanks for
    your cooperation
    === end quote ===

3. divedog

I sent another e-mail asking for the 002 file. I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanx for the reply.

4. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Hi divedog. I also purchased Boclean through a digital river download. I received my update in about 23 hours. I have a yahoo account, so you should be receiving it. Just send them another email. I gave them my email address when I purchased boclean. My current email address, and order number, and date purchased.

I didn't have any problem. The folks at boclean are really on the ball. A great company. Boclean is a tremendous product. Hope you get your update soon. :D

5. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

If you still have the Digital River download link in the email you might try that.
    Even though it will show the old BOClean it downloaded the latest version for me.

6. controler

controler Guest

If you use an online email account such as hotmail or yahoo, make sure you are not fltering out the boclean mal as spam. Nancy was just here and posted how much trouble they are having with people using outlook ect.
    Most of these mail clients filter exe's for security reasons as we all know. When I got my file it, they sent it in two seperate e-mails as a ZIP and a EXE
    They also incluse instructions about how you could turn off the exe protection in outlook. On't worry, if you are not getting your file withoin 24 hours, I am sure it is on your part for one of the reasons I listed.
    Digital River offered an extended download when you purchased your original
    BoClean and so if you took them up on that, you can get the new file from Digital River also.

Hope this helps

Bruce

7. divedog

Good idea I tried this and it took me to my invoice but wouldn't let me click on the BoClean icon to download it. Oh well I well keep trying.

8. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I love boclean and the support is fantastic (kevin actually let me have 4.12 a week or two before it came out to overcome a problem i had with windows98 and bocleans exclusion folder).I also recieved that file and subsequent files as .exes.I cant help wondering though why upgrade at nsclean just dont zip thier files as general practise and avoid the problems that some have with isps/mail clients etc?.
    ellison

9. divedog

I don’t use outlook just web based e-mail. I send all of my spam to the Yahoo account by using it to sign up for software etc.At the Hotmail accnt I would see the e-mail even if it was filtered into the spam folder as I don’t get much spam at that address. It has been 24 hrs since my last request, nothing yet, I will keep you posted. Since I keep getting splash screens from BoClean at startup announcing it’s eminent demise I will disable it for now and use TDS-3 as a resident scanner.

10. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Yes, that was my experience too with Digital River, even though I got 4.11 upgrade from Digital River just fine. Here is what I think happened my extended download service expired. :doubt: Any ways I had to get it by email used my Digital River order number. Good Luck.

11. Mr2cents

I couldn't download the new version through digital river either. I failed to purchase there extended download service for $4.95

I entered my order number, and digital river would just take me to bocleans homepage. I couldn't download the new version without re purchasing Boclean. They do have an option for buying the extended download service now for I believe $4.95 I was afraid to do this because I was on bocleans homepage. And I was afraid they would charge me for boclean and the extended download service.

I sent an email to boclean day before yesterday. I informed them that I had purchased through digital river. I gave them my email account (yahoo) order number, date purchased. I didn't even send a copy of my old invoice where I had previously purchased boclean.

I recieved my update in about 23 hours. I received both the zip file, and the exe. file in 2 different emails. I hope you get your update soon.

12. divedog

I finally received 4.12.002 today. I would like to thank all of you for your help. I am thrilled to have BoClean running in the tray again. For me Nod32 and BoClean running together give me above average protection with little impact on my system.

13. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Divedog,

I'm very happy to hear that you too got it now !!! :D

Cheers, Jan.

14. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Glad to here this divedog :)

My2Cents,
    Let me be clear, sorry if I was not. I had trouble with Digital River in getting my 4.12 but I was able to obtain it by email from Kevin with proper described information. I have mine and it is running just fine. It is good to hear from you that it was not just me doing something stupid. Indeed our experiences were exactly the same with Digital River.

Now if I understand you correctly you may have attempted to buy extended download AFTER your original purchase in order to get 4.12. I think you must get Extended Service at the time of original purchase but am not 100% sure on that.

15. Mr2cents

16. dgho

dgho Registered Member

Hi,

I am ready to purchase BOCLean based on the good reviews from this forum.

So, is it better to purchase the extended download or it will be useless since the next upgrade BoClean will be sent through email??

Also, Is Digital River the official site to purchase BoCleano_O

Thank you.

17. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Hi dgho

It's a matter of personal preference i think, i have personally not opted for the extended download, the email service is fast enough for me (within 24 hours, on all upgrades sofar).

Yes, Digital River is the official site. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.