is there a difference when using "In-depth Analysis?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by windstrings, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

I was told by someone on some previous post that this is simply a tool to have someone remotely run a scan rather aggressively without having to go through all the settings with them?

So for once and for all.... if I "already" have my profile set to the most aggressive scans.... is there any benfit in using "in depth analysis?
    Because it appears that the in depth analysis is actually less aggressive than my current settings in my profile?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Both your scan and mine would be better in that it is more aggressive...

Cheers :D

3. windstrings

So what does it do?
    I'm a bit confused since when I go into that mode and look at the settings.. they are turned down from my profile...
    Does it scan more parts of the file?

4. windstrings

Blackspear.. if you start the in depth analysis and then quickly stop it.. you can then go into the actions tab and you will see that its not set too aggressively..... I notice it uses the "command line profile"... I suppose I could go and edit that profile to more aggressive settings..... "deep heuristics is not even on?"....
    But then it would be no different that my present scan with my profile which is already set to max.

Unless this thing does something deeper I don't know about.. its very confusing and the only good at all I can see that it does is that it is somewhat more aggressive than the "default" settings?....so for someone who is intimidated with setting anything up, they could use this and do a fair job without getting false positives?

There must be something I am missing?

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Correct, you get to pass "Go" ;) :D

It is an easy option for a support tech to say, just do an "Indepth Scan", click the 1 button and come back to me ;) :D

Nope, it's a simple solution to what may seem a complex problem to a new user...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.