Is there a danger?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jjc225, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

I have a general question about security. I have heard conflicting reports on this. Is there an extra danger if you leave your browser open on a particular website for an extended period of time? Like leaving your computer to go do something and maybe be gone for quite a while while it's on a particular site? I just don't know if the odds increase of something going wrong the longer you stay on a site. I've heard that if your security is solid length of time spent on a site shouldn't matter. But just wondering.

Thanks.

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I don't see much danger. Even if the site gets compromised it would probably have to be reloaded to activate malicious content. Without reloading I don't see how anything bad can happen.

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Scripts can reload the webpage for you. If you keep a webpage like Facebook opened, it will keep adding new content and comments by itself.
    But if you visit some webpage regularly, it does not matter if you keep it opened or revisit it, your security setup should take care of any threats.

4. guest

guest Guest

The problem is not about how long you are staying in a website. Even if you just visit a site for 30 seconds in every second Monday of a month you can still get attacked if unlucky enough. Sadly, the security of the website itself is out of our control. The best thing we, in the client side can do, is to use content filtering extensions like NoScript, Adblock Plus, HTTP Switchboard, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.