IS the spyguard running?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by vivalabogota, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vivalabogota

vivalabogota Guest

I have a question as to whether or not this is running.

I originally place a shortcut in the start up menu so that it would run everytime. Then I clicked the icon and it pulled up the control panel, and neither enabled or disabled had the outline around it, so I click enable. and then minimize it.

Then I read the help file, it says that, and correct me if im wrong, that you can enable it, and shut it down, and then you dont have to load it on every boot, it just runs in the background. So I took the shortcut out of the startup folder.

So, is it running even though there is no icon?

Also, I dont see it under task manager in windows xp. It's not running, nor do I recognize a 'process' for it either.

Can someone help me, and tell me what to do =)

Thanks,

Viva

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

You are correct on all counts - the protection is still enabled and running, even though it is not visible in the Task Manager. :)

And in the current version of SpywareGuard you do not need to keep the Control Panel running for Protection to be working (although it is recommended).

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. vivalabogota

vivalabogota Guest

How do I get the control panel to load automatically in win xp, for all users?
    I dont want to have to manually launch it each time.

And how can this be running if its not shown in the processes or programs running?

viva

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

You'll need to create a shortcut under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\StartUp

This has to do with the method it uses to watch for file execution (technically it isn't running except for right before a program is run or a file is opened) - needless to say, it works and it IS protecting you. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.