Is the new version of Superantispyware taking longer to scan?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cheater87, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

On the last version it took 28 at most minutes to scan. In the new one it took up to 42 minutes.

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

It all depends on the number of files being scanned, and the type of scan being done. As the complexity of spyware increases, so do the size and number of regular definitions and smart definitions. The scan time could be a little longer - we are seeing this with all of the scanners we test in house - there becomes a limit as to how "fast" a scan can be completed and still actually scan the computer. Lots of companies opt for "fast scans" but are really doing a disservice to the users as they are missing lots of entries.

3. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

QFT :thumb:

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

My scan today took 31 minutes, which is not far from the previous version. I do not keep up with it exactly, as I just manually scan, and forget it.

I had rather have it good rather than fast.

Jerry

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Yes it is quite slow.

6. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Would you rather have us speed up the scan and miss critical items, or scan the speed we do and detect items other applications often miss? :)

7. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: As long as the scanning activity stays in background and uses minimal resources, not affecting my pc's performance, it can take as long as it sees fit to complete the good task. I rather have a thorough checkup than receive a hush-hush rapid run through. Like I say often times, we just can not rush a turtle(a very good one). ;) SAS has been a good citizen in my pc system.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Want complaining Nick, just answering the question. Doesnt bother me a bit.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.