Is The DCS ProcessGuard a dying company?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by carioca, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carioca

carioca Registered Member

Dear Forum companions,
    Please, forgive me for the question, but perhaps some knows the true story if The DCS ProcessGuard is a dying company? Because I have heard some comments about it at other security forums.Some guys say The DCS ProcessGuard is a dying company and the DCS support team didn't reply any question for the customers for a long time. Is that true? Why? He took a travel abroad.Did He falll in love. What happened for this great software research? What about its database? Someone knows the true and sad story. What about the lifetime licenses? I think he simply breached all the contracts.It's a pity this happened. Very sad!

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I think only a very few know the true story.
    I think it is not dying but already died some time ago.
    Perhaps you can find usefull infi here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Gerard

3. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

But his website is still accepting payments though------

4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Yep, but you better don't

Gerard

5. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Too bad, because even Processguard free is still an excellent software. As for lifetime license, lifetime can also mean the life of the company, and software companies come and go.

6. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

Absolutely .I would imagine that if he is still accepting payments and not sending software out criminal charges would be pushed by someone.I really did hate reading about the fall of his company.Great products and it is a shame

7. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Criminal charge to be pushed? You must be joking! There is no justice in cyberspace, strictly is a buyer be aware market. Where are you going to pursue your case? In Australia ? or in international court? For a little $$$ ? Just write off as an investment loss. Done w/ it, and be smarter next time around. Any new player or junior one w/ a lot of noises being drumed up should warrant your more close-up scrutiny. User is very easily falling into that crack w/ so much bombardment of so-called positive comments.

8. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

You should get reimbursed by your credit card company if all else fails. At least that is generally the case in England, and on the only occasion I had such a problem I had no difficulty cancelling the payment - a simple phone call was all that was required.

However does anyone know for sure whether or not licences are being honoured in relation to PG Full? Softpedia are still certifying the product and redirecting purchases which suggests the business is still up and running:-

http://www.softpedia.com/progClean/Process-Guard-Clean-13182.html

Rumour is one thing, but unless I hear that they are definitely reneging on their deals, I'll give them benefit of the doubt for the present.

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I don't think Softpedia does a great job of keeping up. I don't believe if you pay for anything at this point you would receive a license.

10. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

When I first joined Wilders back in '05, I was interested in TDS and PG. So I sent a couple of DCS moderators a few PMs and waited for their reply. NOTHING. Notta....zilch. I'd follow up, asking if they received the previous PM. Still notta....nothing. And the really disturbing part was, I'd see the moderator that I had PM'd username lit up in green listed as active in the forum.....knowing that I'd sent 2 or 3 PMs over a 2+ week period....and yet they never would respond.

I wrote DCS off as a result, and considering what has transpired since, that looks like it was a good decision. I think generally customer service and support is pretty good indication if a company cares about it's customer base and intends to be around for the long haul....

11. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

R.I.P. DiamondCS R.I.P ...............Dam,Gotta find a replacement soon for ProcessGuard.Dam.
    I really liked this one.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.