is spyshelter any good

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by winterlord, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Just info;
    http://blog.zemana.com/2011/10/antilogger-x64-destegi-windows-8.html

For latest version;

Running x64 equal as x84

-Anti SSLLogger
    -Anti KeyLogger
    -Anti ClipboardLogger

Will active soon on X64

-Anti WebcamLogger
    -Anti ScreenLogger

2. guest

guest Guest

You dont need keyscrambler if you had SS. SS is perfect antilogger plus HIPS functionality.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

agree;)

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

If your livelihood would be seriously harmed by data theft by a keylogger, then a scrambler is a worthwhile added layer of protection. Otherwise, I concur with guest.

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

get spyshelter and use keyscrambler personal......

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  6. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I have key scrambler premium 2.8.2 and it snored blissfully away when I ran SpyShelter's anti-test.

It didn't re-act to the key-logging, the text appeared on screen unscrambled. And same with clipboard monitoring. At no point did KeyScrambler Premium's color change from sleepy yellow to alert green.

I feel like a victim of a scam.

It should pick up something going on shouldn't it?

7. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I thought keyscrambler only scrambled keys so no sniffing keylogger would get the actual writing....

8. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I got a little nervous as there are voices comparing them as if they do similar functions (Spyshelter / Key Scrambler) now I'm unsure.

Where's Dr. Bellgamin??

9. COMPYPY

COMPYPY Registered Member

At least they are getting more attention after the thread at Wilders :p

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Spyshelter: SS blocks keylogger-type behaviors & alerts the user to this fact.

Key Scrambler: On the offchance that a keylogger has somehow wormed its way past your computer's other security apps, a scrambler seeks to encode your keystrokes such that they are unreadable by the keylogger.

11. ichito

ichito Registered Member

:thumb:
    KS is only to encrypting keystrokes "on the fly"...nothing more. It's no some scanner...no monitor of activity...no detector of suspicious actions. That all has SpyShelter...but it can't encrypt.

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

that is why using the two together is good protection....

13. guest

guest Guest

SS already covered antilogger side included key-logger. No need encrypting keystrokes "on the fly". Cause keylogger will block by SS.

If you are using SS not need KS. sure you can use both product but not need.

14. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

as @bellgamin already said if somehow a keylogger worms its way past your computer's other security apps and that includes spyshelter then keyscrambler will protect your keystrokes.....the 'if somehow' is the essence of layered security approach my friend...;) ..

15. guest

guest Guest

yep ;)

is it possible i dont know but just idea, if malware hooked KS, SS, Zemana dont show alert and malware can record keyboard inputs.

is KS has self protection mechanism?

16. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

KeyScrambler loads in kernel and even if you've terminated the executable file (keyscrambler.exe), the keystrokes are still encrypted because the driver is still loaded.

17. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Spyshelter has a virtual keyboard for sensitive data but it has to be selected to launch.

18. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

just to remind... it's for 32 bit OS only...;) ...

19. LodeStone

LodeStone Registered Member

On the Online Armor forum already quite some time ago I was assured that since OA has a keylogger detection function (don't remember if that is tied in with HIPS) there is no need to use SpyShelter on top of it as well. And using two HIPS could make each interfere with the other, so that both could become ineffective.

I had been using SS for a while, and liked it. So in a way I was even a bit saddened by that answer... :'(

:D

I uninstalled SS then.

Just to see how the situation is now, I again did the SS AntiTest. OA did not block any of the tests. But then I remembered I had in the past once told OA to allow all the tests. So it remembered that. To do the AntiTest again I completely uninstalled OA, installed it again, and tried the test once more. This time -unless I told OA to allow SS' AntiTest to do its thing- it blocked it nearly every step of the way. Even after I told OA to allow AntiTest to run, OA blocked various of the individual test, although not all of them. But even those would not have run without the initial permission I gave to OA. So if a program wants to install that would monitor anything on my pc, OA does not allow it, unless I tell it to.

Here they explain their keylogger detector: http://www.online-armor.com/keylogger-detection.php

Speaking of OA and keyloggers, I just found this info on "The Federal Trojan": http://www.emsisoft.com/en/kb/articles/tec111011/Default.aspx

I also just got their free OA cloud scanner. See if I have a Federal Trojan... *puppy*

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  20. LodeStone

21. LodeStone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.