Is Spybot S&D still alive?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by berryracer, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

Well i decided to install it for old times sake and low and behold it caught the Babylon-Toolbar. It must have been a hold over from last week when i stepped outside of Sandboxie for about 5 minutes and picked up Trojan.Agent/Gen-Nullo [Short] I thought my machine was clean until tonight when S&D caught that toolbar, M.S.E. didn't see it. I'm thinking Spybot may be in for a come back.. ;)

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

this is a good come back:thumb:

3. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Looks like they're starting to take thing's more seriously. I visited their website today and it's been completely revamped, it looks more professional now.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

All these new changes are starting to look promising.

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

looking good:thumb:

5. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

website looks professional. I am too glad that they are taking the product seriously.

6. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

Cool new website, the old one also looked nice

any spybot was very Good back in the day
    i tried the v2,0 well it's good but they over complicated the GUI other than that cool features

7. zip

zip Registered Member

Does it remove freeze.com?

8. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Still alive, but not nearly as useful as it was 5-10 years ago I'd say. With subscription lists on ABP being so comprehensive now, they cover anything (and then some) that the Immunization features on products like Spybot & Spyware Blaster would. Now it's just overlap. JMO. I used to use them both. No more.

And the Immunization feature was really the only useful thing about it. The scanner was completely dated, even those 5-10 years back.

9. carat

carat Guest

Does it automatically edit the hosts file? I found several host file entries from Spybot ... :rolleyes:

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i am currently trying this one out:thumb:

11. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I'm glad that safer-networking is taking the extra steps to improve on SpyBot...It's been long overdue. While it is getting better, there is a few thing's that I don't like.

1.While the interface is more modern, I think having it's features/modules separated is a bit too clunky for my tastes. I actually prefer the old layout, rather than the way it is now.

2.Immunization a few years ago was quite useful, but in the present...I find it not needed anymore, especially if such tools like AdBlock Plus, Ghostery, etc. can basically accomplish the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.