Is Prevx SOL fully compatible with SpyShelter?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Yanick, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

Hey,

Been having some problem with the combination. Has enyone tested em? :)

Cheer's, Yanick

2. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I would like to know also...

3. guest

guest Guest

Make a system backup and be pioneers! :D

To not answer your question: I have no idea, people. ;) - Yes, I recently tested spyshelter but I got rid of it before trial was over since my dualcore system Win7 felt slower which I didn't like very much, being a speedjunkie and all. :) - On one XP system I watched it even causing troubles so there it was uninstalled also soon. ;)

I assume you are using Firefox 4? Then Prevx isn't a solution right now anyway (until v4 is released if it isn't a myth :D). - Just try this setting and report back here, right? - Good luck! ;)

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I haven't heard of any specific complaints about Prevx vs SpyShelter with regard to compatibility but SafeOnline provides very similar protection to what SpyShelter provides (with regard to websites :))

5. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

I have some performance issues with spy shelter as well. Mainly when browsing internet with firefox 4 and when loggin in to windows it lags for about 20 seconds. And have quad core :/ Odd this started after installing spyshelter.

I had couple of bsod's when browsing as well. NT_Kernel seemed to be the cause. I disabled Prevx protection and evrything went fine so i guess some kind of collision was detected there with those apps.

Im glad next version of spyshelter fixes performance problems (beta release notes).

Yup i know prevx dosent support firefox 4, the cloud component fascinated :D

Had to drop prevx for now, it's good product tho! Gonna wait for v4 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.