Is NOD overlooking files?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Carbonyl, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Registered Member

Hi everyone. Just a quick question: I've been noticing a significant difference in the "number of files examined" between NOD and other programs like Malwarebytes Antimalware or Windows Defender. NOD comes back to me with something on the order of ~165000 files, while other programs come back with a total of >200000. Is NOD being locked out of certain files, or is it possible that nasty malware is hiding from NOD? I'm pretty dang sure I have my settings and scan targets set up to get every file. I've included screenshots of my settings and scan targets (with my username redded out!) for the "in-depth" scan, which is the one that returns ~165000 files as a result.

I'm running the latest version of NOD32 v4, and also running Windows 7 Professional. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It could be that different programs count files in archives in a different way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.