Is new upgrade safe to install on Windows 95?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sagittarius, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

I have a couple of clients still using Windows 95 (yes, i know what you're thinking ... but that's their choice) and they want to know whether they should accept the CPU. I've advised them not to, as long as they can still keep updating virus signatures ok. but does anyone have an idea how much longer they be able to do that?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Are they using 2.009? If so, can you take a image of one of the clients Hard Drives and try a upgrade to 2.12.2, I can't see them having a problem going from one to the other. If they are still using version1 of Nod32 then, again, you my want to try imaging...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

thanks Blackspear, but somehow, they just wanted to know it was safe for them to upgrade. I don't think they want me to do the upgrade, as I doubt either of them would be prepared to spend anything to get it done for them :doubt:
    Do you (or anybody else) have any idea how long they will continue getting updates to their existing version .. which I assume would be 2.009 (installed around December last year)?

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It's only just over 7MB so depending on connection, up to 1 hr...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.