is KeyScrambler amust have?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jmonge, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

in the website they claim(KeyScrambler gives you the world's best anti-keylogging protection!)what do you think is the closes one to be at least not the best but closes to secure?is this one aproach more secure than others?
    can it be bypass?are there any others that think this is not needed when you have a good solid antivirus/antispyware app?thanks in advance:thumb:

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

The personal version is free and covers Firefox and IE. It has passed all the keylogger tests in AKLT 3.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

is it good to have it when you have a antivirus/antispyware?or your antimalware apps will cover this?

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

like in my case i have DefenseWall and it covers keyloggers detention capabilities but only for untrusted browsing,so do i rreally need KeyScrambler?

5. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I don't have DefenseWall. I use Keyscrambler with my AV. I think DefenseWall gives very good protection against keyloggers.

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

yes it does protects you againts sreenshot,keystrokes loggers but only on untusted sesion.(untrusted browseing)i think that zemana antilogger plus defensewall or antivirus will cover more than having antivirus/defensewall plus keyscrambler i thinko_O

7. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I wouldn't say its a must have but the free version protects all parts of your browser so its definitely a handy addition to a security setup. I'm sure it could be bypassed if someone decided to specifically target it. The only program i've seen defeat it was elite keylogger but the developers quickly fixed that.

8. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

If you do your internet business using Sandboxie, you can set it up so that nothing can connect to the internet except your browser. This gives you 99.9999% optimal protection against keyloggers because they cannot connect out. Configs for doing that are shown in screenie below.

Attached Files:

9. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

So that will only have Firefox connected so they keylogger will not dial outo_O

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Correct.

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thats inside the sandbox but what about outside the sandbox?
    let see you accidently allow something to be save in you regular os and then
    you find out it happend to be a keylogger.

12. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

How do I add IE to thato_O

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

internet acces and then add iexplore.exe then save.

14. Bensec

Bensec Registered Member

I doubt if too many hooks will run into collision. :doubt: I am not sure but i just use one.

15. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I concur,but there is IMO a very remote chance that a keylogger inside a sandbox hi-yack the browser and in this way logs can send out.
    To get around this ,edit the config ini file by inserting the already famous ''Wraightdu rules'' to make that anything other then your browser.exe can't execute inside Sandboxie. I use a special Sandbox if anything personal travel the web,configured this way.
    Others use the old proven way in starting with a clean Sandbox and going straight to login page at the host,i think either way is the maximum you can get out off Sandboxie,its now up to the host that everything work well,hopefully not compromised !?!

16. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

That's DefenseWalls Job. :D

17. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

yeap you got that rigth:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.