is it safe to use X-RAY PC SPYWARE REMOVER?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Takes the best aspects of the HiJackThis concept and links it up to the SpywareGuide database. The result is something like a systems management tool with a built-in expert system. Lists active processes. List autostarting programs. Lists BHOs, Download Program Files, IE Extension plugins, etc... Shows file size and MD5 of all files instantly. One-Click "Triage" : shows which items are "good", "bad" or "unknown." Integrated file-uploader. Integrated deactivation and removal of an item or file. Can kill running processes (within the limits of the OS security model). Can delete in-use files (after reboot). Can export the log file in text form, Excel format and in HJT-compatible format. Detects hundreds of suspicious programs.

is it safe to try this?
    http://www.x-raypc.com/

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have used it and didn't see any thing really wrong with it but there are other tools out there also. I did like the ability to shut down running processes such as a trojan with it. As with any tool that you can remove registry or OS system files with you have to use a bit of caution with it.

bigc

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, BigC. i might try it. :D

4. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

what I don't like is the fact that much of the listed processes and autostarts are "undetermined" in "triage" - much like The Ultimate Troubleshooter but probably worse

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.