Is it ok to back up to dvd-r?????

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by joemilford, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joemilford

joemilford Guest

Is it ok to back up to dvd-ro_O??

I have only seen people talking about dvd+r..

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Joe,

Not direct from TI you can't. Ony if you use the alternative, two-stage method detailed in the <Acronis True Image Online FAQ>.

Regards

3. joemilford

joemilford Guest

ok.. i re-read this article , however it is somewhat confusing and here is why .
    in alternative method it says " Acronis True Image 8.0 can create an image of the hard disk as a SINGLE file on the hard disk itself " . Then it goes on to say this "We recommend you to set the image archive splitting size to 2 GBytes on the Image Archive Splitting screen" ........hmmmm where is the image archive splitting screen.. i have investigate and looked around in this program and it does not show itself to me... i have the most up to date version ..what am i missing .. in addition to this . it says you can use your own software to write dvd-rw.. well.. what about dvd-ro_Oo_Oo_O?
    sorry for the rant.. lookin forward to hearing any suggestions

4. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

The image archiving screen is one of the windows you get to as you go through the Create Image wizard. Click on Fixed Size and you get a drop down menu allowing you to select how the image file will be split up. True Image will split the image into files the size you selected and then you can burn those files to a DVD using Nero etc. I use DVD-R with no problems.
    HTH
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.