is it neccesary ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by metallicakid15, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

is it neccesory to scan game files, security program(like fw,av,as) files because they do intend to make ondemand scanning long...

2. metallicakid15

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

metallicakid15,

I think you need to provide some additional context for your question. Are you talking about static files that have been long resident and unchanged on your PC, freshly downloaded game mods, updates, all that and more? In addition, you mention on-demand. My on-demand scans are done while I'm asleep so it doesn't matter if it takes long. Did you mean on-access?

Blue

4. metallicakid15

on demand

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Well, if you are discussing on-demand, you have a couple of options. Either schedule the demand scan during off hours when you're not at the PC, then scan time is basically irrelevant, or opt for a product that builds a historical database of file and scan history which skips rescanning of unchanged old files that have been previously given a clean bill of health (e.g. KAV). Between these two options, virtually all products fit. You could also manually place game files on an exclusion list, but given the other options, this seems needlessly complicated.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.