Is Hitman Pro really outdated for Malware experts?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yongsua, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Thanks Eric,

Good to hear you have found something to improve remnant cleanup. Remnants are not a big deal, but they often trigger simular software (e.g. like MBAM which focusses on file and registry traces and forensics like HMP). A lot of internet pseudo tests allways conclude that AV - XXXX has missed 21 (just an example) malware samples, while in fact 19 of those samples were remnants).

So the 3.6 version will be both good for acquiring a better imago and system clean up. It is striking to see that HMP has acquired a position relative to MBAM in all those semi serious internet movie tests (nearly all use HMP beside MBAM to evaluade the results of their tests).

Regards Kees

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Just wanted to make sure that before this thread concludes, HMP's Cloud Assisted Miniport Hook Bypass technology is mentioned. I think it debunks any claims made by others that the program is "outdated". :) :thumb:

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

"Build 124 (2011-06-16) Hitman Pro now periodically checks every 2 hours for a program update."

Will we be able to disable this as new versions are released maybe monthly, I don't want my computer connecting every two hours,

4. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

You'd better post that in the Hitman Pro support thread.

5. erikloman

erikloman Developer

See this post.

6. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Thanks Erik.:thumb:

7. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

To be honest , at first i had some problems with the original post,
    the title is very suggestive and seems even offensive.
    I can imagine that companies don't like these kinds of titles about their products.

But on the other hand, perhaps it wasn't meant that way.

Anyway as an antimalware professional i can say that Hitman Pro is even for professionals perhaps the fastes reliable way to scan a system.
    It is a very clever tool.

:thumb:

Perhaps you should run the trial yourself on the systems of your friends and family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.