Is freezing broken under Vista?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by cthorpe, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cthorpe

cthorpe Registered Member

Hello,

Using Raxco FDISR 3.21 build 205 with my freeze archive stored on a separate hard drive from my system drive.

I've been using FDISR under XP Professional for quite some time, and always used a frozen snapshot for my daily work. Rebooting with that frozen snapshot would take an additional 45 seconds to 1.5 minutes to restore to the frozen state depending on what I had done since my last reboot.

I recently switched over to Vista Home Premium, and froze the Vista snapshot. After doing the freeze, it takes over 4 minutes for FDISR to restore to the frozen state on a reboot. That even occurs when I haven't done anything at all in the frozen snapshot for it to recover from.

My logs inexplicably state that over 3gb of data is being copied during the reboot. It also looks in the logs like the data is being copied into "Freeze Storage" rather that out of it, which would make more sense.

Has anyone else tried to freeze under Vista, and are you seeing similar delays in booting and such high data volumes copied during a boot?

Thanks,

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.