Is FAT table recovery possible after partition resize?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by BernardKappel, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am trying to ascertain in your product is appropriate to my situation prior to purchase. I hope to recover or partially rebuild a lost FAT table. The FAT table was lost when I resized a partition with Partition magic. No error s were reported & 99%+ of the files in the partition are intact but the file system now reports as 'RAW'. I have a printout of the drive/partition geometry, FAT size, address, etc before the changes, should that be helpful (manual editing?). I purchased another product (easy recovery) but due to drive fragmentation, many of the recovered files are truncated. Is there a reasonable chance of success of recovering or rebuilding a FAT with Acronis in this type of situation?

2. On closer examination it appears that the FAT tables are okay. It is the boot block that seems to be corrupt and preventing access to the file system.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BernardKappel,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition Recovery Software.

You may easily check whether Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 can help you. Please visit our download page to get free trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 (which includes Acronis Recovery Expert). This will show whether it is possible to recover partition or not. However, trial version will not allow you to perform the actual recovery. The full version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 is available at our on-line store.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Bernard, have a look at this article. Perhaps the info it contains will allow you to fix the problem by hand?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.