Is Comodo Memory FW totally obsolete?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dallas7, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dallas7

dallas7 Guest

I've been using Comodo Memory Firewall on my WinXPpro/SP3 box for quite a while, the last (and final) version 2.0.4.20.

I don't get out much ;) so it was just lately I picked up on that it's no longer a stand-alone app.

There doesn't seem to a relevant area anymore on the Comodo forum and besides I don't have an account, so I'm going to post up my question here. I've searched their archive, here and elsewhere and couldn't find an answer...

Is CMF obsolete? I'm thinking the only ongoing development it would need is to update it for new OSs (i.e. Win7) or service packs. I mean, as long as I stay with WinXPpro/SP3 wouldn't it make sense 2.0.4.20 will provide the same level of protection as it did upon its release and from now on?

Thanks!

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I don't know of any reason to stop using it and it should keep doing what it's doing. As mentioned it has been integrated into the suite, but I don't know if it has been updated/improved. Perhaps others using Comodo can speak to this?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  3. tsec

tsec Registered Member

It has - if you are a CIS user then you can get rid of the stand alone CMF.

4. Iam_me

Iam_me Registered Member

Comodo Memory Firewall no longer receives updates..
    CIS has a inbuilt bufferoverflowprotection option (on by default) under Defence+ > advanced > Image execution Controll settings.. With a box there saying "detect shell code injections ie bufferoverflows"..

The CIS version of CMF is newer and has fixed one flaw if I remember correctly..

5. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

Maybe it will not update alone and new technique and some bugs won't be used into CMF.I still believe CMF is enough for computer now:) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.