Is Comodo Dragon a good browser?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by catilley1092, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catilley1092

catilley1092 Registered Member

I've been using some free Comodo products, mainly their firewall, and I ran across the Comodo Dragon browser. Of course, it's Chrome under the hood.

For the past 2 and a half years, I've used Firefox as my main browser, and while it's still a good browser, things changes at too rapid of a pace these days. Extensions & add ons don't always work with the latest version.

I guess what I'm asking is has any of you used Comodo Dragon, how good is it, and what version of Chrome is it based upon. One thing that I do like, it's really fast, it shows links as I type. So far, it's been faster than any browser that I've used.

But I do know that speed isn't everything, security counts too. Any issues with this browser by the members here?

Cat

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

It's Chromium under the hood, not Chrome. Close.

I don't know much about it. It likely just uses Comodo's blacklist to block websites/ scan downloads. That's what I would think anyways, don't take my word for it.

It's a fun idea but I already feel that Chromium/Chrome are very secure themselves and it's more important to just stick to updates.

3. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

It is just like Google Chrome except with a few added security features by Comodo. Google Chrome has an advantage because it is in constant development. Comodo uses Chromium core to update Dragon which is after Google puts out a new Chromium core. However Comodo Dragon usually falls several versions behind the current Chromium core version. Comodo just can't keep up with the updates. I believe Google Chrome is more secure because they immediately patch browser vulnerabilities, whereas Comodo Dragon has to wait until the Chromium core is release and then work on the patching browser vulnerabilities which usually takes Comodo awhile to do so.

Thanks.:D

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Only increased security is their Domain Validation technology, which analyzes SSL certificates for HTTPS websites.
    Then there's privacy, which is debatable and unclear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.