IS ANYONE USING VMWARE WORKSTATION 9.0?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ESQ_ERRANT, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ESQ_ERRANT

ESQ_ERRANT Registered Member

I have just downloaded and am about to trial the new VMWARE WORKSTATION 9.0 on my WIN 7 PRO 64BIT OS. VMWARE WORKSTATION 9.0 debuted this month and VMWARE points out that its new workstation is specifically designed for the WIN 8 OS although the workstation will run on earlier WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS as well as on systems running LINUX. I am going to give it a whirl and would be interested in hearing from others: (1) in your opinion is it worth the upgrade price?; (2) any stability problems or other issues? Thanks.

2. Flexigav

Flexigav Registered Member

From what I have read here, most posts cover application sand boxing or partition virtualization, so I too am interested in any reviews on whole box virtualization—mounting a read-only OS disk image then running it under VMM software. (I assume VMware is VMM software)!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.