Is anybody else paying 1-3 days in advance of Nov. 5th?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by zapjb, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Just in case I am paying a couple bills 1-3 days earlier than I would. Because of the threats made by that group. You know they've said, "Remember, remember the 5th of November."

Anybody else doing a little cya?

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

You're talking about Anonymous?
    If some group would be going to DDoS or hack all kinds of services and infrastructure causing chaos it would be more logical NOT to pay bills for those services if those you are paying are unable to provide those services. If you're specifically worried about (online) banking being unavailable I wouldn't worry too much about that. If that would really happen then no one will be able to pay their bills, and it would be very unlikely that their ISP/power/gas/whatever provider is going to shut them all off because they didn't pay their bills in time. If there would be a few companies that do, then they will start losing customers fast.

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Thanks made me smile. You might be correct.

LOL. What if it's just a marketing ploy for people who think as I do. You know gets people paying their bills.

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I thought November the fifth was 'Bonfire Night'. A time to let off fireworks & eat baked potatoes whilst drinking bottled beer. ;)

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Judging by your location. Can I please borrow your time machine? Unlike others I would change a lot of my past decisions. So it sure would come in handy. I'll return it to you good as new. I promise. :D

6. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

OK, just as long as you clean it after use & return it by last Tuesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.