Is AntiVir/PE developing a new updater

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wildman, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

OK Then...release date is "when its done" :D

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

:) I recognize that what you said is in a humorous vein.

On a more serious note --- I would rather have a "when it's done" release date instead of what Microsoft has done in the past. Namely, M$ often releases stuff which is NOT *done*, and thus uses their entire customer base as involuntary beta testers.

3. Firecat

Well your right about MS. Cant disagree, especially with those new Win9x/Me patches.

But I do have faith that it WILL be done sometime. So, "when its done" sounds more than reasonable to me.

Have a nice day :)

Firecat :D

4. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:rolleyes: Well I remain skeptical. I now really do wonder just how good their programmers are. I just can't see why it is taking them this long. I know it's free an all, but can't they see this does not promote confidence in their abilities, an could carry over to their commercial line as well. It is a shame, because if this area were resolved, this could easily be one of the best all around virus protection programs out there. The size is small, memory use is small, it is not that difficult to use an it appears to do well in the posted test area. I'll bet some people thought that the Wildman hated AntiVir/PE.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :doubt: :rolleyes:

5. wildman

:rolleyes: Was on another forum that I belong to. An individual indicated that people are now starting to abandon the commercial products of H+BEDV, because of the abysmal updater situation. I guess H+BEDV just can not appear to get it's act together on this item. I don't know if this applies to other than the English versions, anyone know the answer to this? Sure would like to see a representative from H+BEDV address this subject here, an not be evasive either.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :eek: :D :p

6. Firecat

Maybe AVIRA has a better updater? o_O

7. wildman

o_O Well here it is almost the end of April an still no significant improvement to the updater. I guess we will see what develops in May. They sure are taking their sweet time in this area. I don't know about you, but I am now starting to wonder just how good they really are in this category. You would think that after almost (five) (5) years they would have gotten it together.

Thanks
    Wildman
    o_O :doubt: :(

8. Unity

Unity Registered Member

Here we go again ! :D

9. wildman

:D No not necessarily, just trying to keep this fresh in the minds of those who perhaps have some ability to get off their collective asses an do something constructive in this area. I hate it when people make blanket statements an then do not follow through with any action. H+BEDV is guilty on that front. If you want to remain silent and accept their crap, then that is of course your prerogative.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :D :cool: :p :rolleyes:

10. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Be patient, Wildman ;)

11. bellgamin

Nay, but I shall instead remain silent and accept their excellent free antivirus which, with each successive test, continues to improve. Yokata! Haku sama yooooooooo!!! :D

12. Firecat

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

13. wildman

:D I have been for almost (5) (five) years now. I now say it is time for them to either SH*( or get off the toilet. Enough of this waiting, either tell us exactly when an improved updater will be available, or tell us you are unable to produce one.

Thanks
    Wildman
    ;) :p :D :eek: :rolleyes:

14. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I think that they will implement this year...

I hope that I'm right :D

15. Firecat

"There is no release date. Dont expect anything. All we can say is, its gonna be great"

Maybe thats what the developers will say next? o_O :D

16. wildman

:D I truly hope that you are correct. This would be a very good choice for those of us with older machines an limited memory capacity. The program however does no one any good if they have to go through a hassle to obtain the new files each an every time it is updated. I am also now really wondering if they do have the ability to produce an improved updater.

Thanks
    Wildman
    o_O :rolleyes: :(

17. Firecat

This may possibly be their statement about the updater in the future:p:D

18. wildman

o_O You are entirely correct my young friend, however they have speculated in the past that this feature was imitate. It is this speculation that pisses me off. I flat hate it when one makes a blanket statement and then does nothing to back up that statement. As you see from my post H+BEDV has been playing cute with this speculation for almost the past (5) five years now. I am tired of the games, and flat call for them to put up or be honest enough to tell us that they are unable or unwilling to do so.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :eek: :rolleyes: :p

19. wildman

:rolleyes: It's mid May. This is all I'm going to say.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :ninja:

20. bellgamin

Actually I rather enjoy AVPE's non-incremental updates. Gives me something to do, doncha know? Also helps me justify to my wife the extra $$$ I am spending on broadband.

Shall we start a poll on which will be first? (a) F-prot's version 4 or (b) AVPE's new updater (version 6.40? version 7.00?) or (c) Longhorn's public release.

I pick AVPE by a nose -- no later than end-July, I would say.

21. waters

waters Registered Member

Updates fine for me.
    Chech for update, update, all over in a few seconds.
    Also every day updates.
    Large database ,nearly 170,000

22. Firecat

The pain of the updates only applies to those who use dial-up Internet connections (and maybe those who use 128K connections as well)......

23. wildman

o_O You are an optimist my friend, the lack of any new significant improvement to AntiVir's updater speaks volumes. It shows me the capabilities of H+BEDV in this category (They SUCK)!

Thanks
    Wildman
    :rolleyes: :doubt:

24. wildman

:D I am still using F-port. I see that H+BEDV has still to get it's act together in regards to a decent updater. Oh well, if the care to reply, I would be interested in hearing what their excuse is. I don't think they have the "guts" to post that information however.

Thanks
    Wildman
    o_O :rolleyes:

25. wildman

:p Just thought I'd bring this little gem to the forefront. Hate to say it but it looks as if the Wildman may have been correct all along. Not a peep from H+BEDV either. O.k. so they brought out a BETA version for LEXUS. Just how many people really use that O/S?

I am now using AVG (New machine). I would not recommend it for individuals with limited memory capacity machines however.

Thanks
    Wildman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.