Is A Laptop/Notebook Cooler Necessary?

Discussion in 'polls' started by TheKid7, Jun 25, 2013.

?

Do you feel that a Laptop/Notebook cooler is necessary?

1. Yes.

17 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. No.

26 vote(s)
    49.1%
  3. Not Sure.

10 vote(s)
    18.9%
  1. colorado13

colorado13 Registered Member

With a HP Laptop is necessary.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Not so. They are not necessary for any laptops. If your laptop is getting excessively hot without a cooler, then the cooling vents are probably clogged up with dust.

3. guest

guest Guest

Instead of wondering about its necessity, I'm more worried if it is safe to use. You have a fan spinning under your HDD. Kinda freaks me out. :doubt:

4. roger_m

Why is that?

5. guest

guest Guest

You have a moving object close to your HDD. Not really sure but maybe the fan's components has magnet in it. Maybe it's not too dangerous, but I'm kinda paranoid when it comes to my data storage.

6. new2security

new2security Registered Member

The laptop model in question is Acer Aspire 5732Z. I've found a disassembly manual and if I'm not missing anything, it seems it's quite tricky to remove the covers and parts etc to reach the fan & cooling devices. To access the fan, I have to remove : 1. External modules, 2. Remove switch cover, 3. Remove keyboard, 4. Remove LCD module, 5. Remove upper cover, 6. Remove lower cover, 7. Remove motherboard, 8. = voila, the Thermal module + fan should now be visible.

-tim.id.au/laptops/acer/aspire%205732z%205332.pdf

7. roger_m

That's a shame, looks like you'll need a can of compressed air or an electric duster.

8. new2security

new2security Registered Member

I'm aiming for the compressed air solution. I'm just fearing I'll blow around the dust so those will settle on other vital parts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.