iPhone 5 battery case

Discussion in 'hardware' started by mattdocs12345, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

I don't often write reviews in forums but I thought this case by uNu really deserved one. A few months back I was searching for cases for my iPhone 5. I had $30 in Amazon points that I gathered from my CC and bing points and so I was determined to buy one from there. To my surprise most obvious choices such as Morphie had a pretty bad ratings and all cases had single star negative reviews due to batteries failing after one or two months. I bought the iPhone 5 case by UNU.
    Pros:
    - fits tightly around the phone
    - provides great protection from drops
    - directs sound towards the user
    - provides headphone extension jack for easy headphone access
    - more than doubles the battery life
    Cons:
    To my surprise it broke after 3 months. The battery simply wouldn't charge. I posted a negative review on Amazon and few days later the company contacted me and sent me a replacement case free of charge. I have to say this was one of the best customer service experience I have had in a long time and they have made a customer for life.

2. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

Have you tried the mophie one? Does yours work with OS7?

3. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

It is often the company, not the product that makes us loyal customers. How a company handles their mistakes is critical to that end.

Several years ago, Gigabyte replaced for free a 4 year old motherboard due to leaky caps, a year after the warranty expired. They have been my preferred brand ever since.

It will be interesting to see how long your replacement case lasts. Please keep us posted.

4. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Morphie had poor reviews on Amazon 3/5 while unu had 4.4/5. They both had same issues with battery dying but Morphie had more of other problems as well.
    My friend who has iPhone 5 got Morphie case, he said the company told him that Amazon got lots of "fake" ones, that's why they have a poor review there and advised him to get on from the website. I don't know how much of that is true but he seemed pretty satisfied.

Certainly... I will keep you guys posted in here. Thanks for the tips about gigabyte. I will make them my priority when I buy electronics. For laptops I use however Lenovo which has horrendous customer service service but their products are quite good. This one is an exception.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.