"Invalid script file!", odd error message when editing TI 9 job

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mikeblas, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeblas

mikeblas Registered Member

I was using TrueImage 8.0 for several months without a problem. After upgrading to TrueImage 9.0, I find that I can't edit a job. When I do, I find that a new job is created. The name of the new job is "Invalid script file!"

If I try to edit the "Invalid script file!" job again, I get this error message:

---------------------------
    Schedule Task Wizard
    Prozac is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The specified network name is no longer available.

OK

on the "Backup Archive Location" page. I don't have a server named Prozac; it's the name of my domain. The file name is the UNC name of a backup file one of my servers, like "\\server\share\imagename.tib"

How do I work around these problems so that I can edit my backup jobs?

I am using TrueImage 9.0 build 2289.

2. mikeblas

Further, I find that I can't rename the job. If I try to rename it, it reverts to the "Invalid script file!" name.

I hope someone can help soon; TrueImage 9.0 is not usable in this condition.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi mikeblas,

Same as for your other thread; update to Build 2302 and see if it makes any difference.

Regards

4. mikeblas

Unfortunately, upgrading did not help.

If I try to rename the job from "Invalid script file!" to the name I like, the rename operation works. A few seconds later, the UI will revert the name back to "Invalid script file!"

5. Sparker256

Sparker256 Registered Member

I have seen this error from the first build of version 9 and still wonder why it seems so hard to fix since it is so easy to find?

Bill

6. scaa

scaa Registered Member

I was having the same problem. I deleted the scheduled tasks of the earlier build, created new scheduled tasks and named them. The problem didi not occur again. I am using build 2302

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the reason for this problem is that Acronis True Image 8.0 stored it's script files in the \Documents and Settings\[User name]\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\ folder, while Acronis True Image 9.0 scripts are located in \Documents and Settings\[All Users]\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\

The resolution for this problem is to delete all scheduled tasks in the way described below and then re-create them afresh:

- Download and run schedmgr.exe application;

- Issue the following commands:

get list

task zap

- Close schedmgr.

Re-create your scheduled tasks then. It should solve the problem.

Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. mikeblas

Hello, Alexy. Thank you for your response.

I'm having a hard time understanding why the upgrade didn't perform these steps for me, or at least issue a warning that these steps would be required.

Further, this is a very tedious task. I have to jot down the parameters of each job before I delete the job with the tool you've provided; there's no way that I can find to have True Image print out a description of each job for me.

How would I have ever found this SchedMgr tool?

When you say that I should close the tool, you must mean that I can type "exit" as a command for it, is that correct? The tool is a console utility.

Anyhow, after running the tool and manually recreating each of my backup jobs, I don't have a problem with the "Invalid script file!" errors. But none of the jobs work because of the other showstopper bugs that I've been reporting here.

9. Acronis Support

Hello mikeblas,

Moving version 8.0 script files to a new folder was just not provided in the upgrade process. It's our fault and we are really sorry for your incovenience caused by this dereliction.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

10. Menorcaman

Using Windows XP Home Edition SP2, I find that my scheduled task scripts are in fact located in \\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\ rather than under the All Users branch stated by Alexey. Is this peculiar to the way I had originally installed Windows XP or is Alexey's reply not quite correct?

Regards

11. Acronis Support

Hello Menorcaman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, I'm sorry for a little mistake I made in my previous reply. The correct folder for Acronis True Image 9.0 script files is \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\ (All Users without square brackets).

As for All Users.WINDOWS folder, I have searched for the information concerning this folder name in the internet and found this forum thread stating that the possible reason for such folder naming is that you probably installed your operating system over the old copy of Windows.

Could you please tell me whether you have several user accounts under your Windows installation? Please also let me know if Acronis True Image 9.0 scheduling service works properly with such folder naming?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

12. Menorcaman

Hello Alexey,

No need to apologies as I didn't consider the squared brackets a mistake. I was merely querying whether the path should have read \All Users.WINDOWS\ rather than just \All Users\.

After browsing many pages of Google results, I conclude that it's not unusual for Windows XP to create additional folders with a .WINDOWS suffix. As you say, it seems that it's usually (but not always) caused by reinstalling Windows or, as I believe in my case, an aborted/failed initial install. The only way I can see to return to the standard layout is to format the drive and carry out another clean Windows install. Unless someone out there knows of an easier way, that's not something I wish to do :p.

As you can see from the attached screenshot, I've only created one user account (Tom & Fay.HOME-1). Also, as far as I can ascertain, TI's scheduling service seems to work properly even though the scripts are contained under the \All Users.WINDOWS\ branch. Perhaps that is something to bear in mind for any future similar reply?

Kind regards

Attached Files:

13. worzel

worzel Registered Member

The Acronis solution appears to have worked for me but I wish I had made a note of the details of my scheduled tasks before I deleted them!
    Nonetheless very grateful.

14. Econdoc

Econdoc Guest

I am using Build 2302. I have tried running schedmgr.exe with no success. Schedmgr appears to work, but the problem does NOT go away.
    There are still scheduled entries under "[All Users]\...\Acronis\Scripts" and under .."[User]\...\Acronis\Scripts".
    Schedmgr.exe DOES succeed in partially removing the schedule entries. The entries themselves remain, with with scheduled times removed. However "Invalid Script" still exists and cannot be changed.

Even when (if) this gets fixed, it is a real pain to have to re-enter each entry. Isn't there a way to COPY a schedule? There certainly should be!

15. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

Same here. since installing 2302 the Scheduled Backups don't work anymore. It has nothing to to with TI8, either, because I had no problems (of this type) with the previous build.

I used the schedmgr app to be sure I deleted the old schedules, deleted them from the TI9 interface, and created new ones and they get the same error about an Invalid script file.

This is getting ridiculous. I know that Acronis is able to do better than this, but whatever I buy from you guys is a disappointment.

How long do we have to wait before the beta cycle is over?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2005
  16. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

UPDATE: I found that TI9 2302 wouldn't even do a manual backup; I was getting the same script error. So, I totally uninstalled it, did a cleanup, and re-installed it.

Now it seems ok. I guess the updater must be at fault because a full new install seems to work. This happened with one of the previous TI9 updates, also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.