Introducing, The New Prevx Edge.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by trjam, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Yeah, that may be true, but you will find the support from Prevx a tad bit different. Ya see, if they stepped on your toe, they will tell you.

Work with them, not against them.;)

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

That is correct - both use the same back end. You will have to uninstall CSI and then reinstall as Edge to get the Edge features (or put an Edge license into CSI and it will automatically up-convert to Edge).

Edge does duplicate everything in CSI, so, you'll be covered :)

3. PrevxHelp

This is a relatively standard response by antivirus companies. We tend to think differently and recommend that users be as protected as they want by using as many products as they can :) We won't tell you to uninstall any software you have installed, rather, we will make our software work around any incompatibilities you may experience.

If you are running into a problem with Bitdefender + Edge, please let us know and we'll investigate the issue further :)

4. webbit

webbit Registered Member

i just dont think bit defender like you using other apps, they told me to get rid of a squared even though i only used it as an on demand scanner

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well then, I would say the heck with BitDefender. And it would not be the first time I said it. I mean come on, you were talking about using A-Square on demand and they said that was the issue! Talk to the Prevx guys here and see how they can help but I would not keep a product that used that as an excuse. Get Dr Web and Edge.;)

6. PrevxHelp

Kaspersky even prevents installation of their AV if the user has CSI installed... CSI is a completely on-demand program. :(

Some AV companies are apparently very strict about their monopolize security policies. It is understandable in some cases where incompatibilities exist, but we disagree and prefer to work with other products :)

7. webbit

webbit Registered Member

well i have only 60 days left of licence and at the moment on my vista partition which is my main one i have norton, but i do like the set up edge, i would like to run it with prevx 2.0 and i have never tried dr web, what are its detection figures like

8. webbit

webbit Registered Member

when will prevx 2.0 be out of beta for vista, and will edge be recognised by vista security centre as an anti virus, i think that is the same issue for prevx 2

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

They would compliment Edge very well.

10. webbit

webbit Registered Member

well on your recommendation Trjam im going to download dr web 30 day trial now, and run it for 30 days on xp any advice on firewall or would you use xp's

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

XP my friend

12. Nunes

Nunes Registered Member

OK I will wait for the new version.

About the connection of one of the Prevx researchers we have to postpone it to tomorrow unless everything goes well with the new version.

Let me also say that I still bought a license. One more license to help this project to go on to a higher stage. I'm quite confident on it.

13. PrevxHelp

Prevx2 is fundamentally incompatible with Vista's UAC so it won't be out of beta.

Edge will be recognized by the Vista Security Center in one of the next updates :)

14. PrevxHelp

We are still working on some upgrades, so, the update may not be released just yet. When you get a chance, let me know. If we don't release the update today, we can try it on your system or check your system to see if the update would fix it.

These compatibility problems are always difficult to address as they are very "hit and miss", which is why many AVs tend to say "No, you can't use any other product except ours".

15. webbit

webbit Registered Member

that is a shame i wanted to run it on vista,with edge does disabling the uac make prevx 2.0 run without any problem

16. PrevxHelp

If you disable UAC, you can use Prevx 2.0 on Vista, however, you can use Edge with UAC enabled if you want as Edge is fully compatible with Vista.

17. PrevxMalwareHelp

PrevxMalwareHelp Registered Member

In future, sample submissions would be very useful in this case, I am really at a loss as to how this could happen o_O

18. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Hi, Thanks for taking time out to read this and assist.
    Although I don't have the files any more as I did acronis back, I will pm you with the link to where I got hosed. Hopefully that will help.

Rollers

19. PrevxMalwareHelp

PrevxMalwareHelp Registered Member

Thanks, I'll report back any findings.

20. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Still running with no problems. Only thing I have added is Sandboxie. The two work excellently together.

21. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

is the new trial out yet, the one with the real-time protection enabled for a certain amount of time?

22. PrevxHelp

Hello,
    No it is not yet. We will let you know when we have finalized everything :)

23. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ok, hopefully it will be out soon :D

24. webbit

webbit Registered Member

where do you people get test malware files from

25. Cretemonster

Cretemonster Registered Member

People like me. ;)

Ive managed to replicate a few of the issues stated in this thread and have made contact with other team members to resolve said issues as quickly as possible.

We do appreciate everyones input so far and much appreciate all those who are testing the beta and full releases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.